Friday, December 15, 2006

Taiwan Food: Ma La Ren Jia 麻辣人家

I met my friend Witty one night after he got off work for food and libations.
It was late and most of the stir fry places were closed but we saw the sign for this hot pot place and decided to try it. I know PR and Spicy Girl will weigh in on this one....

Now, I went to Chong Ching on vacation once and had the real deal.
Thankfully, this was not it. It was Taiwanese style but I say that in a good way. Usually, I don't like Taiwanese style Ma La hot pot that much (Si Chuan style spicy hot pot). But, this place was very nice.

It was not outragousely expensive either. More than you want to spend for the average meal. But not bad. With beer for Witty and soda for me and plenty of food for 2 - 3 it was about NT$600.
They had a good variety of dipping sauces, veggies, meats and tofu.
It made a great meal and a great memory. Cheers David. Next time I am out there, lets find another new diner to try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm raring to go out for dinner with you again! When are you coming back, old buddy?

David

Prince Roy said...

that looks quite nice. we're on our way out right now for some hotpot, but none of the places we've seen in Taipei look that good. Wonder if they have a branch up here?

AhDoGa said...

It was not a really big shop, so I imagine they are not a chain store.
But, who knows.
David, I will be back same time next year. Can't wait!
I have a couple more places I will post on in the next few days. One is a must.
Dan.