Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cold weather??? Hot Buttered Rum!!!

Well, this is my second attempt at this post. I lost the first one to my switch to the NEW blogger.
So, let's see if I can recapture the emotion.
If you are not in So. California , let me fill you in.
It's windy here. Really windy. I thought I would go down to the closest bevmo.com location and check the beer selection. I saw some Boddington's and smiled. "Hey there old friend, long time no sip", I said. But, then I saw Boddington's neighbor, Bass Pub Ale and my eye wandered. "You, doing anything tonight. I am not really with Boddington tonight", I wispered. I put Bass into my cart and headed toward the door. But, just then, I saw my old mistress from the Orient, Harbin. Yes, after more than a decade, out of nowhere, she just appeared. Harbin had not touched my lips since 1994 in China. My friend PR and I were travelling in China. It was at a now forgoten eatery on a small row in a working area of an industrial town.
Here she was. She whispered to me: 嘿, 先生, 你看起来很面熟。 你想跟我喝一杯 吗 ?
Oh... That old temptress.
Well, that was all it took.. I decided right there that I was dumping Bass and taking Hharbin for a ride.
Nothing is a sure thing. And opportunities come when you least expect it.
Suddenly, I saw a fling I had in Oregon. HOT BUTTERED RUM!!! Nothing is like Hot Buttered Rum. Oh... When it is cold and you want to feel warm inside.. Nothing is like HOT BUTTERED RUM. I dumped Harbin faster than you can say " 对不起 ". I was already hopping into that tub of HBR mix in my mind. I got home and heated a fine mug. Added 2 spoons of HBR mix and some piping hot water and an ounce or so of rum. Oooohhhh... That wafting aroma hit my nose like cheap perfume mixed with the sweat of a young woman in a dance club when she sits down to talk after a long set. This was going to be good. And when she hit my lips, I was not disappointed. She warmed me to the core.
Cold weather??? No problem. I am spending the night with Hot Buttered Rum.

3 comments:

Prince Roy said...

I think I once dated Harbin's sister, Emei. At 2RMB a bottle, she was a pretty cheap date. It soon fizzled out though. She turned out to give me a real headache!

AhDoGa said...

Yeah.. some of these gals can really make you wake up with that "what did I do?" feeling.

Brendan said...

Harbin? What a strumpet! I used to date her cousin 小麦王 (er, 皇后). A fun girl, exotic, different from her neighbors Century and Snowflake, but ultimately we had to part ways when I moved down to Beijing.