Sunday, December 17, 2006

Taiwan Food: Deep Fried Egg Tofu 炸蛋豆腐

興利小吃
無骨雞 。 炸蛋豆腐
台中縣新社鄉中興村中興嶺71-1號

Well, I was here once before and loved this place. So, Mom decided to take me on the day I left. Xin She is right in the heart of mushroom country.
Of course, we had the fried egg tofu and it was great. The tofu is one of the best I have had. It was well worth the drive. It's crispy on the outside and oooohhhh so tender on the inside. While they give you a dipping sauce, I would suggest trying the tofu without the sauce first. Trust me, the flavor is delicate and ... well, it's hard to describe. 


We also had fried local grown mushrooms, a stirfried veggie I have to get the name of from Zoe and mushroom soup. Did I mention this is mushroom country? 

So we had a great meal then headed to a relatives house nearby.


On the way there we stopped at a local temple and Mom made some offerings.
They live in a farming area and neighbors grow fruit and raise chickens.
We had a ton of fruit and some pineapple cake 鳳梨酥.

 

My
relatives wanted us to try a local favorite. BBQ giant mushrooms 杏鮑菇。 
The mushrooms are done like Taiwanese BBQ corn, kind of.. And they are almost as big as corn. I was not sure of how to eat these things. So my aunt, who is only 5 years older than me, demonstrated for us.
It was a great time. I was nervous that I might miss my flight when we hit traffic on the way back. But that was just me being paranoid. We were fine. And I saw many spots on the ride home I want to visit next time.
I will skip back in time and review another restaraunt we visited earlier this coming week.
Search for this place on Google in chinese and you will find other posts.
Cheers,
Ahdoga

2 comments:

Prince Roy said...

looks freakin' amazing. Are you back on (or is it off?) the blogging wagon? If you're serious about making a go of it (at least a post a week) I'll link you.

We're having a hotpot party tonight. I'm expecting great things.

AhDoGa said...

I am on the blogging waggon. Kind of. But, I only post when something worth writing about happens in my life. Normally, that's not common.
However, I am kind of getting back into it. Should be close to one a week. Maybe 3 or 4 times a month.
Hope you have fun with the hot pot tonight.
I should have taken pics of dinner tonight.