Saturday, January 27, 2007

First attempt at Pretzels...


Well, this was my first attempt at making pretzels. After the great pretzels we had in Poland, I wanted to try.. I am sorry to report that they were nothing like the ones I had in Poland. I tried to do them multigrain and used too much whole wheat flour and corn meal. They were OK, but not great. I count this as an edible failure. Luckily Zoe made a strawberry tart that was great. So, we did ok as a team. (hehehe).

I did some with black sesame and some with cheddar cheese. The dough was a little different than I thought it would be and we tried to make pretzel shapes with little success.

The final product had a nice color and the texture was fairly chewy. Something just wasn't right about them. They weren't bad heated with butter, though.

3 comments:

AhDoGa said...

Well, they just weren't quite "pretzel-like". But not bad. Like I said, an edible failure.

Prince Roy said...

those cheddar pretzels look quite yummy, actually.

AhDoGa said...

Thanks, PR. Actually, the cheddar ones were not bad. Just not quite as "pretzel-like" as I hoped. I will try again soon. Maybe next week.