Friday, June 29, 2007

COSTCO - putting it's money where it's mouth is.

I am impressed. I was reading the Costco monthly magazine and stumbled upon an interesting story.
Apparently, Costco supports US military and guard personnel in a more meaningful way than putting a yellow ribbon on their door and adverts. According to the article I read, they guarantee reservist's jobs when they return no matter how long they're deployed. On top of that, they continue medical benefits for said employees and family members while they are deployed. Wow... And if that was not enough, they also cover any difference between reservist's pay and their normal Costco salary. Holy mackerel.
If this is really true, then Costco deserves a big salute from all of us. Whether you are for the wars or not, you have to appreciate the dedication to employees that are willing to serve the public.
Costco, you have my thanks.
I will continue to be a Costco member with pride after learning this.
Cheers,
Dan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! smacks of jingoism, maybe I should give up my Costco card!