Saturday, September 18, 2004

Netflix: Rabbit-Proof Fence

Netflix: Rabbit-Proof Fence: "Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002)"
My wife and I watched this movie last night. It was great.

It takes place during a harsh period in Australia's history. The situation in similar to the treatment of Natives in the U.S.. But this movie tells the story of how three young mixed girls ("half-caste", as they were called) beat the odds and escaped the torture of forced assimilation. I recommend this to all my friends who like thought provoking movies.

This morning I worked out with my friend Will at R-1 Gym. It was a great workout. Really fun. We worked on submission wrestling and I was surprised that my back did not give me too much pain. The back is getting better, slowly. I won't be able to do any really hard workouts for a while, but I can train.

This afternoon I went to a coffee making class with my wife. It was fun, but there was not as much focus on how to make different types of coffees as I hoped. Mostly, it was a course in how to make the basic starbucks-type drinks. I was hoping to learn the different grinds and methods. Such as French press coffee, Turkish, Perk and boiled. I guess that will have to wait. But the class was still fun, and I left wired off my head. It is 10PM and I am still a bit jacked... Yeah BABY........
Now to find something to do... maybe a game of Diablo II?????

1 comment:

Prince Roy said...

Indians drink a lot of coffee here, but they dump alot of sugar in it. I'm still looking for diet Mt. Dew. I need something to mix with my vodka...