Thursday, July 03, 2008

Handy tip for caring for sick ones.

As some of you know, my dad is very sick right now. My sisters and I are doing our best to care for him at home, but run into many challenges, for which our health care team had no answers. One such problem was how to let my dad call us when he needs help. They only had a bed alarm that alerts you if the patient tries to get up. After thinking for a while, and trying a couple other unsuccessful ideas, I had a great idea.

I went to my local hardware store and bought a Heath Zenith Wireless Doorbell.
I taped one of the buttons to the safety rails of his bed. Instant hospital call button. It works a little too well.

I will post more later.
ADG

1 comment:

Gonerbot said...

Great idea! I could have used that last month with my Mom.

Hang in there and talk with him a lot. It is the best therapy for both of you right now.