Saturday, July 14, 2007

"American Sam", old Taiwan hand and Frog patron saves man's life

Those of you who lived in Taichung between 1992 and 1994 may remember Sam. He was a fixture at many of the mellower pubs and eateries.

Remsen Man Rescued From Fiery Car Crash
Boucher spoke with NEWSChannel 2. He said he was driving to work when he spotted the wreck. Boucher had forgotten his golf clubs for his league after work and went back home to get them.

He says that is what allowed him to see the wreck. "I pulled right here in the drive way," he said. "It was laying on its passenger side on fire."

Boucher said his instincts then took over. "I saw that there was rocks there, so I grabbed it, smashed the back window out, climed in, and luckily the way it was positioned, I got on the passenger side rear door.

"I was able to push him up reach in and grab the seat belt, I grabbed around him and just wrenched him out of the car."

Boucher says he later found out Robison is his neighbor, and the two had never met before Tuesday.

Full Story and Video

No comments: