Friday, April 01, 2005

BBC NEWS | Americas | Anger growing over Schiavo death

BBC NEWS | Americas | Anger growing over Schiavo death: "A political row has broken out in the US after the death of Terri Schiavo, the brain-damaged woman at the heart of a long-running legal dispute."

It's funny... I don't remember this type of reaction from politicians over the Darfur massacre. Is there something more important about maintaining a life imprisoned in a flesh prison? One that is trapped in a place of torture, un-ending torture, that is so horrible that the person can not even complain about their pain. No words, no communication. ???
Maybe it's just me? I would rather have my plug pulled much earlier. I would also like to see people who claim to have "moral values" to pay some attention to the crisis in Darfur and other places. This hypocrisy is beyond what I can understand.
Oh well. I guess the message is that an American life IS inherently more valuable than 100 others. It's also a message that any issue is moral as long as it is politically useful.
Am I just not getting something here??
D

No comments: